Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crazy Fun Christmas Baking

Christmas is here and life has gone crazy. The kids are out of school this week, and begged for a goodie baking day. I like baking and cooking, and I certainly like eating sweets - but seven kids, hot appliances, and precise recipes scare me when they are all together in one little kitchen. To calm myself, I invited two friends over (who don't have kids) to help with the chaos. We all had a sticky, noisy blast baking and talking and keeping kids involved. Today's project is driving goodie plates around to those we love and admire who need more sugar in their lives.

Our absolute favorite Christmas treat for the last several years is Cranberry Bread. I get lots of friends every year who request the recipe. It's easy, inexpensive to make, and not too sweet. The recipe is on the back of the Ocean Spray cranberry bag, but I'm planning on posting it on my website ASAP so you can all access it and make some before cranberries and oranges go out of season. Watch for cranberries on clearance. They freeze well and are really good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment