Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back again!

No, I'm not dead. Just spent the last semester editing a dissertation and helping my husband with job applications. The good news is, the cramming is over and he graduated! I'm now Mrs. Dr. Bowden.:) The other news is, the frugal living isn't over. Looking back, I don't know that is ever will be. There is so mach satisfaction in learning real cooking and preserving skills, and using them every day.

So the inspirational thought for the day is from C.S Lewis, "You find out the strength of the wind by trying to walk against it, not by lying down." Frugal living can be hard, but is so strengthening and rewarding - which goes with my other inspirational thought from Adelle Davis, "We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are." My experience tells me that is so true. My family is so much more because of the way we have been privileged to live for the past several years. I will never regret this learning process.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the graduation! Being Frugal is hard, but you have made it easier with your tips ;)

    will you still live in Bozeman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,
    Jared has a full-time offer here working in a lab as a post-doc. So until we find the "dream job" we'll be here! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back. I almost gave up on you and deleted you off my list. I'm glad your families sacrifices have paid off and Jared graduated. Now on to the next chapter....any ideas?

    ReplyDelete